What is a good password?
A good paswword is:
- at least 8 char long
- includes letters, CAPS and numbers
- never repeated somewhere else
- cannot be found as a string on a search engines, Google finds 0 result for it
- cannot be found in any dictionary/database exists on the world
- nobody incl. your wife can guess / estimate it
- easy to remember for you
To do this build a long sentence, take the first chars of words, combine with usename-userid and service u logging on, encrpyt it with a formel just you know.
dont use your private information what your bank or your boss could see, also never use birthday, birthplace, mothers maiden name etc
dont use hobbys what your friends could guess: dont use your favorite star, car, movie, sport-team etc
A good example:
Our sentence: My childhoods teacher Mrs. Anderson was very friendly to my friend Emanuel
First letters: mctmawvftmfe
Our username: n8coder
Service lo login: Google
Temp password: mctmawvftmfeng
And our formel is : Make the first letter UPPERCASE and convert all letters to numbers(zaesig to 243519) and add the first letters of username and service at the end of pwd string.
Our password is : Mctm4wvftmf3n9
And never repeat this sentence loudly as you logging in ;-)